September 2017 Newsletter
After a little Summer break, The College Advisor is back!
In this issue you will find:
- Do Rankings Really Matter? – how can you compare colleges with different programs and cultures? Here’s a look at the ways different ranking systems approach finding “the best”.
- Majoring in Anthropology – students of anthropology develop cultural sensitivity and respect for diversity, both of which are in high demand in our global society.
- Keeping College Application Costs in Check – applying to numerous colleges gets very expensive. Here are five ways families can keep college application costs under control.
- Making the Most of Your High School Years – high school should be viewed as a chance to explore your interests. Some ideas to be sure you’re maximizing opportunities during high school.
- The Early Application Dilemma – students often feel pressured to apply early to avoid falling behind. Is Early Decision or Early Action right for you?
Bettina Weil, LMSW, IEC